Located on Chana Road, the Museum, constructed in the Chinese style, was originally built in 1878 as the mansion of Songkhla’s ruler. It later became the domicile of Songkhla’s upper administrative officers, the City Hall and in 1953, the building was converted into a museum to exhibit lower southern artifacts. Today it is the place where local archaeology, history and folk art and culture can be studied and appreciated. Noteworthy is the collection of artifacts of the Na Songkhla Family that used to rule the city.
It is opened to the public, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., except Mondays, Tuesdays and public holidays.
Admission fee is 150 baht.